21 December 2019

A quest for knowledge - Ep. 10: Home again



Back home. After a journey with many names. After this quest in search of knowledge, in search of more knowledge. On the outside but also inside myself. About this world and about other worlds. About what we see and what we can merely devise.

I look at the bookshelf, now fuller of books, telling part of the story, being also a part of this very same story. Carrying the knowledge transferred from masters to pages, and from pages to other masters, to apprentices, to the learners we will always be. Across the earth and across time. Made present and made memory.




I look back, and I see, in the distance, the point from where I set sail.

This place, to which I now return, it still is the same but also a distinct one. Yes, it still is in the same location, there are streets and houses that look unchanged, perhaps just a little bit older. But the city has changed, the people have changed, the uses and fashions are no longer quite as they were before. And I also have changed, I believe even more, in the ways of looking, understanding and being in this world.

Consequence of the travels, the meetings, the conversations, the experiences, the readings, the thoughts, the companies, the loneliness. The result of the knowledge I came across with, of the knowledge that became part of me.

I look back, and I see the long way I covered.




This trip ends here. At least as far as it concerns roads, carriages and inns. There is another journey that continues, as long as the mind allows it. In search of knowledge. To unveil mysteries, to share knowledge, to make use of it. In search of more knowledge. Still.

The end.

This was a journey, riding with Newton, a game of Nestore Mangone and Simone Luciani, Ediciones Mas que Oca (2018) under license of Cranio Creations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment